Wednesday, June 11, 2008

About me

I started out shooting in high school growing up in the Chicago area, then made the poverty making decision of going to Ball State University in Muncie, In., to study photojournalism in 1993.

I may never become rich doing it, it hasn't always been easy, but I don't regret it. Working inside is something I don't think I'm cut out for. Cubicles make me itch.

After graduating in 1997, I spent a little over three years freelancing at the Post-Tribune in Gary, In. That was an extremely interesting place to have my first job, with what goes on in Northwest Indiana on a typical day. In 2001 I started at the Kokomo Tribune in north central Indiana.

I do a little freelancing locally along with my paper gig. If you're interested in hiring me, feel free to contact me.

It's been a wild ride since 1997. I've seen potential future presidents, been on more rides in planes and helicopters than I can count. And I've encountered difficult things too; death by cancer of subjects I've done stories about, being faced with completely changing how I approach my photography.