Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Signs make it easier

A goat at the Miami County (In.) 4-H Fair.
Image copyright Erik Markov 2008



I saw this on the wooden gate of the goat's pen, and thought well.... if it says to, I will.

So, I clicked. Its my job.

There are those days where it would be easier if there were signs at assignments spelling out exactly what I should do.

Blur....

Turn around....

Ignore....

Light....


Oh well, I'll just have to continue figuring it out on my own.


This photo illustrates a good point that took me a long time to learn, helped in part by the book Photosynthesis by Bryan Moss.

"Put the camera to your eye and take a picture of the moment in front of you."

I walked around the fair, and didn't find anything that inspired me for a feature. I saw this and thought it was kind of funny; stopped and took a picture. Little while later I was inspired by something else, which will be a future post. That second photo led me to a feature photo, while not a pulitzer, had some different stuff going for it that I liked.



The opinions expressed in this blog are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.

Comments containing off-color or hateful language may be removed.

No comments: